Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Chau Ituzaingó!

Well, the best area of my mission (so far) has come to an end.  I got the call and I will be moving to the other side of the city of Córdoba in Patricios!  I've been called to be a Zone Leader which is so humbling for me to be bumped up so early in my missionary service.  I am excited to grow a ton though!  It will be a good experience and finally I get to be with a Latino (Yay!!!).  I will be with Elder Juárez, a missionary from my group :)  He's from Buenos Aires (also the first Argentine missionary I met upon arriving here!).   I am excited for a change though and to now be with another missionary who has experience so I don't have to push all of the cart. :)

On Friday, we went to a talent show and it was the best feeling to see 2 families that we reactivated dancing together folklore (an Argentine dance).  We also brought 5 non-members to it!  It was a sweet experience and it was nice to relax a little bit and just ENJOY!
This week we ate SO MUCH FOOD.  I'm sick of meat (what!?!?!) and a salad with water right nows would be really nice hahaha! 

On Saturday, we went to walk the temple grounds with Exequiel Olivera and his future wife Patricia.  Elder Santos and I bought a poster of "The Family, A Proclamation to the World" and put it in a nice glass picture frame.  We went inside the waiting room of the temple and gifted it to them.  The experience was priceless.  Patricia and Exequiel began to cry and were so happy for the gift that we gave them.  Patricia said...

"When I came to the temple for its open house, the experience was so different.  There's something special now"

It's the spirit!  We explained that after being dedicated, it is literally the house of the Lord and that's why we can feel the spirit so strong and the peace it brings.  They are so excited to get married and to have Exequiel baptized  so that they can begin their road as an eternal family and  so they can start visiting the temple and be blessed by its ordinances :)

On Sunday, we had 4 confirmations of Adolfo & Kevin Britos and Tomas & Matias Lescano!  There was no time for the speakers to give their talks!  After the announcement that I was going to be transferred, It was so sweet to see how many of the members all came up to me to say bye.  A ton of hugs!  I will miss this area so much as I have changed so much here.  I have seen so miracles here!  The work that was done here is a testimony that the spirit really changes people when they strive to be on the path of obedience. 

I know what we teach as missionaries is 100 percent true, every single teaching. 

I'm excited for a new chapter of the mission in patricios :)

Love,
Elder Pomar ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​