Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Hey guys!

Everything has been a blur as my life has completely changed. For a month in California I relaxed before coming out here. Now I never has a spare moment to just be lazy! It's been really hard, but I love that the spirit that resides here is amazing. I know that the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues is REAL. Thankfully, I speak a good amount of spanish, because our teachers ONLY speak in spanish. My companion, Elder Lervold, is amazing and he is such a homie! We get along great and it's always a good time. Anyways, he took 4 years of German in high school and never learned any spanish. The guy is already praying, and having some basic conversation in spanish within the first few days! I'm grateful that I get to see him grow so much as I get to witness the spirit teach us. I'm understanding the spanish really well. I say my prayers in spanish, I read the Book of Mormon in spanish, I'm doing my best to immerse myself in the language as much as possible. The only thing is that of course I'm no where near fluent...haha.

As I have been worrying about the language since I got my mission call, the spirit gave me some thoughts. If I'm in Argentina, and someone's ready in their heart to receive His gospel, I will be the Lord's mouth piece and He will loose my tongue. God is good, and I know that he will help me with this.

I thought the hardest part of the mission would be the language. Oh no, my spanish is doing just fine. I miss my family and friends so much because I love you guys! It's hard being in provo literally right down the road from my friends, but I do my best to not worry about it. The best advice that my stake president gave me before he set me apart was to just take it a day at a time. "You can't eat the whole cow in a day! Make yourself a little stake everyday and enjoy it". Since I've made this choice, my experience here is way better. I love being with my companion and roommates. It's awesome because I room with Elder Clark, a friend of mine from San Jose! He's an amazing guy and we make sure to keep each other in check when we start singing songs that aren't approved by the church (the favorite right now is Sunday Candy hahaha). 

We get to go to the temple today! I'm so excited to go as we get to go every P day (Saturday). It's a beautiful thing to do a session in the temple. It brings me so much peace and I love how close I feel to the Lord when I'm there. I'm grateful for temples and go as much as you can if you have a temple recommend. If you don't have one, GET ONE!

I love you all so much and I'm keeping you all in my prayers. If I want to be the best missionary that I can be, I need to love others more than myself. Even though I thought I wasn't selfish, the Lord has definitely humbled me. I have been very selfish and I always thought about myself before the Lord, but I'm glad I recognized this early so that I can change.

Thanks for your prayers and support!

Love,

Elder Pomar :) 

PS I don't know why but NO ONE can send pictures, I'm going to get to the bottom of this!

And thanks for the packages guys! I have to go to the mailbox to see who sent them to me, but I'll thank you guys next week :)