Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Almost week 2

Oh my goodness this has been an awesome experience!  It has been a constant grind, but thankfully there was a big announcement for all the missionaries, and I mean BIG. We get more time on P Day to do the things that we need to do.  We also get to go to bed as early as 9 PM!!!!  They changed some rules including making exercise a requirement (thank goodness) and so maybe I won't be gaining as much weight as I thought I would haha.

It's been a week and a half and everyone in our district is already tired of the food here. Its so fatty and bad for us and it doesn't taste that amazing. For everyone still living with mama: enjoy her cooking and thank her for it!!  I try to eat healthy here but it seems like nothing's healthy, so whatever. It's awesome how close our district is. We all love each other and everyone is awesome. Everyone just loves each other and I'm grateful for them. My companion is awesome and he's a straight up G. He's learning Spanish little by little and he's speaking better every day. I testify that the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues are true. I understand everything that my teacher says (he only speaks in Spanish) and I have been reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish. The Book of Mormon is harder literature to read, but when I start with a sincere prayer, the Lord really helps me to understand what I'm reading. I'm learning the language really fast, but I still have a LONG way to go before I'm fluent, so I got to trust in the Lord.

During my study time I decided to go listen to come conference talks, and one of the ones I listened to was Joseph B Wirthlin's "come what may and love it" talk. I needed it this week as it's been a grind and a constant struggle trying to help my companion to learn Spanish. In his talk, he said that we need to learn to laugh. This morning, at 4 AM, there was a vacuum in our room, and it was SO LOUD. I turned it off and Elder Clark and I were so mad. We went outside to plug it, realizing that the pranksters did it to 7 rooms! I couldn't believe it. I assumed it had to have been Elder Jones (He's a huge prankster). He's hilarious and when we read the note on the vacuum that said "your cleaning lady Consuela", we just died! We were laughing so hard! I'm grateful that I could just laugh it off and go back to bed haha.

Everyday gets easier as I know that my savior Jesus Christ is helping me. I couldn't do this with out Him. I'm always on my knees asking for help, I know I need to rely on Him as much as I can. He died for our sins not so we can just repent for our sins, but also be changed. The Lord has changed me, but will you let Him change you? His hand is always stretched out, we just need to look up and accept His help. You can never go to far, I know this.

I'll be praying for y'all, stay safe and read the Book of Mormon, it WILL change your life, I promise you.

Love,
Elder Pomar