Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Another fun week down here in the country of Argentina, but that doesn´t mean it's easy by any means.  We have a ton of investigators, but they are moving so slowly.  We have been working really hard to find new ones that are ready to make changes in their life but we are not having too much luck with that. 

"Milagro" in Spanish means "miracle", and here's why...

Juan Carlos Ledezma is his name.  Hard life, smoking since he was a teen, no family, not married.  In the beginning, he wanted nothing to do with the church, but his baptismal date is this Sunday!  God has completely changed him because he opened his heart and was willing to not just pray, but to LISTEN.  Doctrine & Covenants 101:7-9 says...

7 They were slow to hearken unto the voice of the Lord their 
   God; therefore, the Lord their God is slow to hearken unto 
   their prayers, to answer them in the day of their trouble.

8 In the day of their peace they esteemed lightly my counsel;
   but, in the day of their trouble, of necessity they feel after me.

9 Verily I say unto you, notwithstanding their sins, my bowels 
   are filled with compassion towards them. I will not utterly cast 
   them off; and in the day of wrath I will remember mercy.

God will only give us council if we are willing to listen to His voice.  I have been really working hard on improving my prayers.  I was in a lesson with an investigator (she's a dry Mormon) and she talked about that with God, we need to treat him like our best friend.  We need to tell him everything: our thoughts, doubts, things we are excited about, our secrets, our sorrows....everything.  As I have been doing this, I have felt the spirit extremely strong in my life.

I know that this church is true and that Joseph Smith restored Christ´s church to the earth.  He loves us and wants only the best for us, and we can feel so much better if we are baptized in His church and listen to His words.

Thank you for the prayers and the love!

Love,
Elder Pomar