Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Everybody say, Warriors...WAAAAARRRIIIOOORRRSSS!!!!

Haha, let's go, baby!  Glad that my boys pulled through and won it on my Birthday!

The week was another blur, but good news all around.  We have 2 girls named Debora and Tatiana that are going to get baptized this Saturday hopefully.  They are already buddies with a ton of the people in our ward so it should go through, but it ain't over till it’s over!

We continue to have a hard time finding investigators that will really progress.  We just get a ton of "snakes" due to Elder Reynolds blonde hair haha!  I love debating with the Jehovah's Witnesses....I know, I know it's bad, but I'm trying to be better I promise hahaha!

My birthday was way fun!  I've talked to many missionaries and a lot of them have said that on their birthday they didn't have the best luck, like:
  • Getting robbed
  • Getting pooped on by a bird
  • Having their backpack pee'd on
  • Ripping their pants
  • etc!

When I said my prayers to start the morning, I just pleaded with God that He would just let it be a normal day for me.  The blessing is that God answered my prayer in a very different way than I expected as it wasn't normal.  We ate lunch with members, did the normal schedule and such.  At 5 pm, our zone leaders (who I'm really good friends with) came down and we did some missionary exchanges or splits. The best part is that we ended up finding a TON OF PEOPLE to teach! 

It's refreshing to have some new investigators for once haha!  Well, after that, we went to our investigator's house to eat an Asado (barbecue) and celebrated mine and their 1-year-old son's birthday, as we were both born on June 12th.  It was waaaay good and I just absolutely felt the love of God in my life.

Also, today, I called my boy Elder Clark (who I knew before the mission from the Bay Area) and we just chatted about how excited we both were with the Warriors winning!  Ahh, life is good!  This P-day has been really incredible just hanging with the people I love and feeling God's light in my life.

I know that this is Christ's church. This is the only one that exists on the earth that is literally of Christ.  I am a witness, as I have seen countless miracles in my life, extremely recent and many over the years during my life.  I love you all and thank you for the birthday wishes, it really means a lot!  For those who forgot my birthday, don't worry, you know that I'm not the kinda guy to march down the street and go tell everyone "it's my birthday" haha.  Love you all so much!

Love.
Elder Pomar

Ps. It's crazy to think that I graduated from high school a year ago!