Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

This week was just a blur honestly!  I wrote in my journal, but I don't remember a ton, but there are some things that I do remember!

So we dropped a ton of our investigators and it’s been really hard to find people to really teach.  Thankfully, we do have this family we've been teaching, Jorge, Rocio, and Brandon.  So Jorge and Rocio are not married, but we find out today if they were able to settle on a marriage date so that they can receive the blessings of the Lord and be baptized! 

This week has been a grind from a mental perspective.  I just keep digging through my old quotes, especially with my companion who I love, here are some of them...

  • "Discipline is doing the things you don't want to do when you don't wanna do them"
  • "Suck it up"
  • "All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason"

Sometimes I feel like the senior companion as I am needing to motivate my comp a ton. He's been out for 7 months and yet he can get lazy at times.  I just keep trying to show him love and just work.  I think that during our next companionship inventory meeting I'm gonna be completely real with him haha!  I love my companion, we just have different personalities and work ethics.

Unfortunately, we had a lot of things go wrong from a financial perspective!  First, God TRANSLATED our phone (which means we lost it).  We literally have NO idea where it went.  So now we're paying ourselves for our calls.  Next, I lost my backpack with my scriptures and flash drive yesterday, but I'm going to go look for it today after emailing!  Then, Elder Reynolds and I crashed into each other and now we have a ton of bike fixes we need to make.  Our bikes are TERRIBLE HAHA!

The amazing thing though through all of this is how much peace I've felt in my life, even when I've just had so many things go wrong.  I'm striving to be as obedient to the Lord as I can and do my studies so I can have the spirit to be with me.  I continue to learn how material things don't bring happiness...God does!  So what's the lesson?...God loves us and wants us to accept Him and His gospel and not sweat the small stuff, so don't be afraid to do it!

This week we met this guy named Lucas on the street.  When we least expected it, he screamed ELDERS!  We stopped our bikes and talked to him.  We actually spoke to him in English as he's studied it since he was 8!  Anyways, he got to know the church when he was 9 and has The Book of Mormon in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.  The thing though is that he was never baptized.  When I asked him what had stopped him from being baptized, he told me that he was scared to be so close to his creator and maker.  In that moment, I looked at him and I bore my testimony on how that's not something he needs to be scared about.  In fact, God loves us and wants us to be close to him!  So the good news is that we're going to talk to him again this week, so prayers up that he'll accept the waters of baptism.

Men need to fear God, but not be afraid to dwell with Him!  He is all powerful and can do more with you than you could ever do for yourself.  I testify of this as he continues to strengthen me every day in every way.  So one last quote...

  • "Those who want will find the way, those that won't will find an excuse"

I love you and may God bless (America haha)

Love,
Elder Pomar


Ps.  I'm really happy right now and I hope that this week goes well!  We're gonna have a barbecue on my birthday with our investigators Jorge and Rocio as I share my birthday with their 1-year-old son Brandon.


We had an "American breakfast" with some recent converts! Good times!