Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Yeah, I'm sick of dogs...

They are everywhere, gnawing on my calves, eating garbage, and barking for no reason!...Oh my goodness, I just reached 5 months,  I might go insane haha!

Besides the dogs, it's been a really chill week.....with 2 baptisms!  Debora and Xiomara got baptized today!  It was very sweet and the spirit was super strong.  They are super faithful as they walk by themselves every week to church and are self-sufficient.  The water was a little chilly but we survived!

One topic that I have been studied is humility.  God always says "choose to be humble, or be humbled."  For me, I just kept getting humbled and humbled and humbled and I was just like "why God?"  I wanted it to stop and choose to be humble, but I don't know exactly how to do this.  So with studying, prayer, and experience, I learned a little bit this week.  So yeah, I lost my backpack a couple weeks ago with my basketball shoes, my pen or thumb-drive with all my videos and my triple combination scriptures.  I'm super low on money because we've had so many stupid expenses and just other dumb thing happening today.  Today, I forgot a ton of things we needed to bring as we left our apartment and I knew it was completely my fault.  When Elder Reynolds and I were talking, I decided to just to suck it up and take the blame.  I've finally learned and accepted that I need to take personal responsibility when I make mistakes and to try to be humble and improve.  I loved to blame others as a kid, but I'm glad to finally have learned that my decisions are my responsibility and not anyone else's.  I know this principle or lesson will help me throughout my life.

Overall, it was a good week.  The only frustrating thing was meeting some interesting people who just say stupid stuff to us and lie to us, but that just part of missionary life.  It's amazing how much of a positive attitude I've learned to have.   What I know is that I love The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It's the true Church of Christ.  Be humble as God has commanded and be baptized so that your sins and guilt can be left in the water. ðŸ˜‡

Love,
Elder Pomar