Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Soy de Los Estados.....

¿En Serio? ¡Hablás re bien chavón!

That's how it literally goes every time we meet someone haha!  It's nice to have everyone think I'm a native, but it sucks because they think it gives them the right to speak as poorly and slurred as they want!!!!  I'd rather be in this position though, then to be a super gringo haha!

Well, God has blessed me incredibly with my communication with the people.  Elder Reynolds is so amazing, but he still has a lot of problems with the language.  Basically, I'm the better speaker and listener and I only have been in Argentina for 3 months!  It's really given me the opportunity to grow a ton and learn just how to connect and talk with the people. Thankfully the people love me.  It's really been a humbling experience to see how much the Lord has helped me to grow here.  I love just talking in Spanish when I absolutely used to hate it!  God's really been working on me so I can just have a soft heart.

We had a special visit from a guy named Mark....he's one of the mission directors for the entire church.  Well, in our pension, we live in a small area behind a widow's house, and that's where Mark stayed!  Talk about pressure haha!  We got to talk to Him like every night and It was awesome.  I absolutely love him and he gave me so much good advice.  He has access to a ton of the media that hasn't come out yet so we got to watch a lot of good "classified" videos!  Be on the watch! One of the best experiences was coming home Thursday night and seeing Mark.  Mark is in one of the branch presidents in the MTC, and he was Skyping.  He invited us to just come watch and catch a little of what he was watching.  I watched 10 super new fresh and fresh missionaries in the MTC bear their testimonies.  I remember how terrifying that day was haha, but I just bore my testimony and trusted in the Lord.  My entire mission I wanted to look for shortcuts to adjust to the mission life and language, but what I have come to learn is that there are no shortcuts. God purposefully has every missionary go through this humbling process.  I'm so grateful that I'm out here and not so terrified, but actually very comfortable.  God has helped me an immense amount and I cannot deny it.

Well, I love this Gospel and I hope that y'all are saying your prayers and being good sons and daughters of our loving Heavenly Father.  Follow Christ and join His Church!

Love,
Elder Pomar

Ps. We got a new gringo (the one that replaced me in General Paz) and he's super dope! He doesn't speak a lick of Spanish, but HE KNOWS THE SHOE GAME!!!  Ahhh it's been refreshing haha!