Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"This ain't no slip n slide folks...wet...splash zone...baptisms!"

Before I get to this last week's update, it was AWESOME to skype home to the fam.  Looks like my ma is doing good and had an awesome Mother's Day, but
please take care of her while I'm gone aight? :)

We had 4 baptisms this weekend, an absolutely huge blessing!  There was a little drama the night before, but they pulled through as Elias, Clever, Douglas, and Kevin were in all white Sunday afternoon.  It was an incredible experience.  I have really felt the love of Christ as I have grown with them through this time.  They are some of the most amazing young men in all of Argentina.  The sad thing is that they all come from hard backgrounds.  They have no general support from their parents to do anything good in their lives.  I've taken this as a lesson.

No excuses.  Absolutely none.  No matter how bad our circumstances are, that doesn't mean that we have to live a sad life.  These kids have so much joy in their lives and they have nothing compared to kids in the states.  It’s really been humbling to feel their love for me as I am nothing.  God has carried these kids through everything in their lives and converted them to His gospel.  On top of that, their cousins are getting baptized this next week! 

It's amazing to see the fruits of our labor.  I love this gospel so much and I know that Jesus loves every one of His brothers and sisters.  That is why he performed the atonement, making it possible for all of us to live happier lives and return to the presence of God after this life.

I hope that you listen to His message.  Be baptized in His church as it is the ONLY way to return to His presence after this life.

Love,
Elder Pomar

Ps. It was nice to finally buy some good shoes down here as I miss all my beautiful shoes at home haha ;)

PPs. Watch out for Elder Reynolds and Elder Pomar hahahaha ;)