Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Well, I love this place!  A lot of missionaries give this place a thumbs down because it’s "hard to baptize there" but it’s so awesome!  It's nice to be where the mountains are and its awesome to be with an amazing companion.  We work really well together due to both of us focusing on baptizing, not just planting seeds.  Right now we got some really good candidates for baptisms so it's exciting!

We actually had a big miracle this week.  So we were walking to one of our appointments with a part member family and we passed by a young girl outside.  After we passed, Elder Samayoa was like "Yo bro, we gotta go talk to her after. She'll be your snake!" Haha we laughed and went to our appointment.  Well, on the way back, I felt like we should go back. We visited her, gave her a pamphlet and set a follow up appointment.  During our visit, she said that her mom got baptized in some church in Córdoba. In that moment, I didn't think much of it as we left.  So at our next appointment, we arrived, she told us how her mom gifted her a bible of some sort.  We went to go on and talk about the Bible and then the Book of Mormon came up.  When I pulled it out, she said "that's the book my mom gave me!".  We put a baptismal date with her in a couple of Sundays to come.  We praying that things will go through as it would be a miracle!

Right now, the mission is a blast.  I'm trying to enjoy this time as much as possible because Elder Samayoa will probably be transferred soon, and by the way...there are a ton of lazy missionaries here haha.  I am praying I can have 2 transfers with him.

So Spanish is a little rough up here.  When a word starts with an r or it's a double r, they make a "sh" sound.  It's ridiculous. I absolutely hate it!!  Haha that's all I can say for hating this area because I really love it here!  Our tiny branch is really sweet, and it's nice to be able to practice my Spanish everyday 100 percent of the time. 

Also, everyone thinks I'm Mexican haha.  Only one person has called me Chilean.  Still working on the accent but its coming.  My goal is to be mistaken as a native by the end of the mission. ;)

Well, that’s all folks. This church is true and I have one question for all y'all...Do you know how much Christ loves you?  Ask Him in prayer and he'll tell you I promise you.

Love,
Elder Pomar "Gringo Trucho"

Ps. I never told you all, but where I served in Villa Maria, Elder Christofferson served when he was a young missionary.  It was a pleasure to walk in the footsteps of an Apostle for 3 transfers.  BTW The MAC (Mision Argentina Córdoba) is the best ;)