Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Hey Everyone!!

María got baptized!!  The road to baptism is definitely not the easiest, but it's really incredible when the miracle comes!  The water was freeeeeezing but thankfully it only took one try haha!  She was so happy to finally be born again through baptism.  Even before the baptism though it was a pretty great day.  We had a whopping 21 members attend the baptism and it was really incredible to have AN INVESTIGATOR IN THE CHURCH!!  César attended the baptism and he loved it!  It was the first time the branch had had a non-member attend in 3 months! We're gaining the confidence of the members and we're getting less active members to come back!  Also, before the baptism, I got a call from Villa María, the first area I served in, from some of my converts.  Kevin and Douglas are still attending strong!

Oh and a story...

It was my companion's, Elder Brays, birthday and we ate a TON.  Like, a ton.  But that's no problem as I'm a missionary haha.  Well, something gave me food poisoning.  I woke up at 2 am in the morning, jumped from my bed and ran immediately to the toilet and threw up everything!  While I was in the bathroom, I hear a thump, then a blllluuuuuuuhhhh!  Yep, Bray got sick too, but he didn't make it to the toilet. He started throwing up blood and so he went to the hospital with Elder Vasion and  I stayed because I just had an upset stomach.

Good news: We're fine now haha. Don't worry mom!

Lastly, there is one thing that I have realized that is so important and we have been taught for so long:  WE ARE EACH CHILDREN OF GOD.  There are religions that believe that we don't have souls and that the closest we can get to God is to be his friend.  I know that I'm a child of God. I hope you know you are too.  If you want to find out or want a confirmation from God, just ask Him directly through prayer.

love you all! Cuídense. Besos y abrazos (Take care, Kisses & Hugs)

Con amor,
Elder Pomar