Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hey Everyone!

Well, it's been a bit of a disappointing week.  So a little story...

We have been working with Cesar like crazy and it has unfortunately come to an end. He was supposed to get baptized this past Saturday, but he has now rejected the offer.  We come walking down the road Thursday, the day before his interview.  We sit down, and he hands me his Book of Mormon, with all the pamphlets and papers we gave him.  He said "I can't be baptized anymore."  We talked with him for almost 3 hours, explaining EVERYTHING 10x with all the love we could muster.  The problem is...He LOVES the saints, especially "Santo Espiritu" which was just a man who told the Romans to stop beating Jesus...so that makes him an ordained man called of God?

All his family is against our church, so they brought him to the Catholic church.  The priest there said "Don't listen to the Mormons anymore, and give them back that Book of Mormon."  Oh, I couldn't believe it.  I pulled out every single scripture that I knew to help out our cause.  It didn't help.  I even pulled out every condemning bible verse talking about denying the spirit (he received distinct answers from GOD about the Book of Mormon and the church being true. We even cast out evil spirits in his house).  I am so saddened by this experience, just gotta move on to people that God more than men.
.
Good news for the week...We did get to see a blessing of 24 people attending last Sunday, with 2 more less active members of the church attending.  

Satan has tried to shake my testimony of this gospel, but I know this church is true and I cannot deny it.  Don't be afraid of what men can do, be afraid of what God can do.

Loves and Hugs!
Elder Pomar

Ps. Meu negao (My missionary brother/buddy) from Brazil was transferred to Córdoba yesterday :( 
However, Elder Chávez from Chile came in though! :)