Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, October 3, 2017


Yep, EMERGENCY TRANSFER HAHAHA!

Elder Bray, my companion, jumped up as Zone Leader and......I GOT A NEGAO AS MY COMP!!!! (BRAZILIAN!)  His name is Elder Napoleao and he's way awesome!  I just met him today, but were from the same group so we both have a lot of fire to do the work of the Lord :)
Even though we're from the same missionary group, technically, I'm "senior companion" because I have 3 more week in the MTC than him ;)  I was really sad saying goodbye to Elder Bray, but ready for my 6th companion in 6 transfers in my 4th area. I guess God prepared me for this with all the times I have moved in my life before haha!

Right now we have a lot of new people we are teaching, but we need to see if they will progress or if they just like to chat (aka everyone in La Rioja haha).  Not too many highlights this week.  We just found a lot of new people to teach and had a ton of appointments falling though.

The obvious highlight is General Conference. The biggest thing I took out of it was...

  • The importance of having an unshakeable testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon
  • The importance of looking to be a instrument in the hands of the Lord to bless others

Here in my area, it's very hard as it's very religious.  We seem to find two types of people: super religious evangelist/catholic, or super lazy and don't want to change

God has "His Chosen Ones," we just need to keep searching and work with the people we have now while praying in faith and obedience for finding more people and new opportunities. 

I was sad when I heard the news about Elder Robert D Hales dying.  He was an amazing Apostle of the Lord and he's definitely living in peace on the other side of the veil with his loved ones who also have passed on.

That's it!  I love this gospel, the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I love how I feel when I pray :)

Love you guys!
Elder Pomar