Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas..."

Well, I will definitely miss listening to Frank Sinatra singing silent night, until next Christmas!

and now....

I'M A FATHER IN THE MISSION!  I'm training my companion Elder Santos from Brazil.  He came in the box, assembled and ready to go, it's incredible!  I honestly don't even feel like Im training.  He has a ton of fire and already speaks the language pretty well.

We had some miracles...
  • People at church
  • New people that are GOLD
  • People that want to get married (did I hear that right??)
On Christmas Eve, we brought 3 girls from the Soria family to church!  We also ate dinner with the Vilchez family as President gave us permission to stay out till 11:30!

We weren't planning on working the morning of Christmas, but I talked with another Elder and he inspired me to just go out.  I am so glad that I listened to the spirit and didn't go with what the members said (no one will be awake).  We ran into the Bishop's nephew and he gave us a name to visit.  It was a part member family.  We get there and I remember that Elder Wiseman, my previous companion, had brought me to their house one time.  We begin talking and the sister says "well, my boyfriend and I have been talking about the church a lot and we would like to be married so that he can be baptized and then we would love to be sealed as a family."  WHAT!?!?!  AM I DREAMING???  A Christmas miracle!  Please pray that they continue with this fire!

Also, I got to talk to my family on Christmas and it was GREAT!  It was a little hard being away from the fam on Christmas, but I've never felt closer.  The mission really has made a change in me. 

After my Skype call with my family, Elder Santos talked with his family and invited me to talk with them!  Yeah, I don't speak Portuguese dude hahaha.  After my companion's call with his family, we got to just relax and chat with the Allasia family (the Bishop's Family).  They are just the best!

In closing, I want to share with y'all my last words to my family before turning off Skype and extend the same challenge...

Read the Book of Mormon and say your prayers everyday.  They are little things that show our humility to God and as a result, it allows Him to bless us so much with His spirit and give us the guidance we each need to make good choices that will bless us for our entire life.

I love this gospel, I love Jesus Christ and the time we have to really focus on Him! 

Love,
Elder Pomar​