Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Monday, December 18, 2017

"It's a happenen"

Well, I am writing early this week because our preparation day, JUST FOR THIS WEEK, is today due to companionship transfers.

Well, it's happened again, I am not safe from transfers as Elder Wiseman left for Rio Cuarto this morning.  I haven't met my new companion yet, but I'm going to be training a brand new missionary!  I will be receiving him tomorrow and I'll make sure to send y'all pictures next 
week! :)  I'm excited for this new challenge and hopefully I can raise him right so he can be a "maquina elite" (elite machine) in the future as a missionary.

I was super sad to see Elder Wiseman go as we just learned how to work well together and became really good friends.  Although It's been frustrating receiving a new companion every transfer, perhaps 8 will be the lucky number for me!

Some crazy and fun yet experiences this past week...

So, we went to downtown Cordoba to go caroling and pass out "Light the World" cards.  When doing so, I ran into an Anti-Mormon.  Hahahahaha, we talked for about 30 minutes and it's so sad to see how some people just try to accuse the Church of being false.  These people aren't even willing to read and study what we know to be true so how could they make judgement?  Anyway, she went on about how the Book of Mormon was from the devil.  I proceeded to share a scriptural reference with her (3 Nefi 14:15-20).

15 Beware of false prophetswho come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruitsDo men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth noforth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them.
I then asked her "have you read the book of mormon?  She said "no."  I said, "how can you know if a book is of the devil if you have never read it!?"  We talked a little more, but she didn't want to listen.  So, I said bye and we moved on.  We can't teach the goodness of the gospel and repentance to people if they don't want to listen.  I cooled off a little bit while we went singing as it was such a blessing to see all the smiles of the people who were singing.  Even though it was a tough situation, I still know this church is true.  I have read the Book of Mormon for myself, I have prayed about it and I cannot deny that it is scripture from God.  This life changing book was translated by Joseph Smith through the power of the Holy Spirit and I testify that Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God.  With these 2 books, The Bible and The Book of Mormon, we have clarity and all of the teachings that we need to return to live with God again.  Thanks to this gospel of Jesus Christ and its saving ordinances, we know that we can have our families for the eternities.  What a gift!!!      

"By their fruits ye shall know them,"  this gospel is the fruit of God. The teachings are perfect.  I hope that as members of the church we will look to defend The Church of Jesus Christ, but not fight with other religions.  We should have no need to fear or be embarrassed of the gospel of Jesus Christ as we know these things to be true.

Love,

Elder Pomar