Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

"I love the mission.....oh my gosh I can't wait till the end.....I never want it to end!"

Mix of emotions, yes!!

So, it was the first week in the transfer and we had NO one come to church.  Since it was Fast Sunday, we decided to fast to have a baptism.  We have been working so hard and have been doing our absolute best.  We were frustrated after church, but things suddenly began to turn around after our fast.  We leave the pension to go to an appointment and it fell through.  While we were walking back, a man named José, stopped us and said....

"I've talked with the missionaries before. I didn't want to change before ( because of smoking), but I want to change now.  I would like to attend church with you.  Can I come this Sunday?"

I honestly just felt like crying, a miracle!  Finally, things are starting to get brighter here.

Also, we had our mission Christmas conference and it was awesome!  We had the spiritual part in the beginning and then a talent show to finish.  It was super awesome!  Elder Clark and I were gonna sing "Sunday Candy" by Chance the Rapper, but we miscommunicated and neither of got the music!  Hahahah, we'll get em next year!

One of the things I learned from the spiritual side of the conference was this...

If we can't do the little things, we will never be able to accomplish the big things.  If we don't study the scriptures and say our prayers every day, we will NEVER progress spiritually.  So, I invite you to do the little things so you can do big things ;)  

So after the conference, we had an appointment with the Soria family, a reference from the other Elders in our district.  It was our 2nd visit and this time the dad was busy doing his own thing, so we got to focus on his daughters Lucila and Flor.  Previously, we had left the intro of the Book of Mormon as the homework for them to read and they read it....and all the way to the 3rd Chapter of 1 Nefi!!  We put a baptismal date for the 23rd of December with them and they are super excited to attend church!  It's really a huge miracle.
 
We also went to Carlos Paz today, a huge touristic town (see photos).  I loved it as it felt just like when I would go to Carpinteria in Southern California with my family and buddies.  It was a sweet experience.

I love Jesus Christ, I love His teachings and I love that He loves you and me.  I know these things are true!

Love,
Elder Pomar :)​