Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Do you smell that??

What's that smell??

Hmmmm....familiar....

BAUTISMO!!!!!!

We have a baptism this Saturday with Mía Casas!  A huge miracle as so many missionaries have passed by and taught them, but little by little the seed was planted and we get to baptize her this Saturday!  We had an incredible lesson and invited all of the rest of her family to be baptized and they all have the desire to do it!  We still have a ton of work to do to make sure that the baptism happens and then we need to get the two couples in the family married so the whole family can be baptized during the next transfer period!

We've been trying to be better in our planning and it's really working.  "If you fail to plan you plan to fail" (shout out to mom hahaha).
I'm scared because transfers are coming and I'm not ready for another change.  I'm praying to remain for 1 more transfer here in Ituzaingó.  We have so much planned for this next transfer period! 

MIRACLE OF THE WEEK:
We went out to a neighborhood called "Ciudad de Mis Sueños," which means "City of My Dreams" (yeah right it's super sketchy haha).  When I was paired with Elder Wiseman one day in this area, we talked with a ton of young kids as they asked us how to say a ton of things in English.  We talked with them, showed them respect, and they gave us their address but unfortunately, we didn't take it serious so we never stopped by to visit them.  So we were walking down the road with Elder Santos, my new companion, and we get called over by a ton of youngins.  Sadly, they were all drinking wine (its super cheap here) and we felt we shouldn't go over there, so we turned to the left instead.  As we were walking, we ran into the same group of kids that Elder Wiseman and I talked to before and they called us over and we talked with them, gave them all high 5's and were able to meet their mom. She told us...

"Yeah, a month ago the kids came home and told me that they met 2 americans that were really good guys and that they had given them our address.  They asked me if you guys could come over and I said sure.  When you guys didn't come by, the kids were super sad because they thought that you lost the address or something"

A HUGE SLAP TO THE FACE BY THE SPIRIT!!!  I felt terrible, but we continued talking.  She has 5 kids, her husband left her, she doesn't have a church but reads the bible everyday.  We taught the restoration to her and she said "yeah, I've attended a lot of churches but I don't know why, but I just don't feel comfortable, I feel empty."  After explaining why there are so many churches due to the fall of Christ's church and after His death and the death of his apostles and then sharing that Joseph Smith with Heavenly Father's help restored the same church upon the earth, the spirit bore testimony to her heart that we were sharing the truth.  The spirit was incredibly strong, so we invited her and her 3 sons to be baptized along with her and they all accepted!!!  What a blessing.  

So what's the lesson?  I'm so glad God was merciful with me and let us find her and her kids, even when I put them to the side and didn't follow up with them when first getting their address.

I know these things are true. I know this gospel is true.  My testimony was weak before my mission, but after being tried and having these incredible experiences, I know that it is 100 percent true.  I know that my service is blessing this sweet family.  I invite each of you to allow Christ into your family and He with strengthen all of you.

Love,
Elder Pomar

Ps.  We went to downtown Córdoba for P-DAY and I got to see 4 of my old comps and we hit up Burger King! 😉


Un Año (Happy one year on the mission!)



Casas Family


Drinking Mate



Elder Samaoya (Previous companion)


Previous comps & current (Lervold, Wiseman, Samayoa and my trainee Santos)



Burger King duuuuuude