Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Over the hill...

Well, I hit the halfway mark this Thursday!  Incredible how this time has flown and they say that the other half of the mission is even faster!  I am grateful for another year to work in the Lord's vineyard.  

My companion and I have never been so excited as we are today, having so many people to teach and we continue to receive references.  The hardest part is that everyone has vacations, so in February it's gonna be insane.  We have been working with a ton of part member families and we have had the blessing of gaining their trust and love.  The hearts of the people are really opening up now and we should be able to have a baptism before the end of the month.  The Lescano family went on vacation, but they will get back in a week and we will continue with them.   I love this area soooo much.  Transfers are coming up in a couple of weeks and I don't want to lose out like I did in La Rioja not being able to see those I taught be baptized.  I'm praying that I stay here.  The members are incredible, the people have the fire to work with us.  There is really nothing more I could ask for.

Well, a year has passed by and a ton has changed.  I'm still a huge sports fanatic, I have a sweet tooth, I love dressing up nice, I love the shoe game, I love cracking jokes.  But now, I really love this gospel!  I not only know it's true, but I love it!  It helps me personally and it applies to everything in my life.  The sabbath day is now a delight (miracle, right mom?) and it gives me strength for the rest of the week.  We as members of the Church of Jesus Christ, have the BLESSING of these teachings.  Why don't we take advantage of what Christ has given us so we can be happy?  Like, truly happy.  Eternally happy.

I know that there are several people that are on my missionary email list that are not members of the church, or perhaps less active.  I invite each of you to "Come and See."  Invite Christ into your life and enjoy the blessings He has for each of you.  Start with the little things, like praying and reading the scriptures everyday.  It's through doing the little things that we do that will motivate us to do the bigger things.

Elder Santos and I got special permission from our mission president to go to the temple again to celebrate my being out 1 year in the mission.  I am looking forward to another incredible life changing year!  I love you all!

Love,
Elder Trent Pomar :)