Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day...I love this gospel!

Well, we had a baptism! :)

Mía Rodriguez was baptized Sunday.  It was really a miracle.  For years, the father Sergio was super tough and didn't let any missionaries into his house to visit the family.  I was humbled to learn that supposedly when I arrived, I made a good impression with him.  
He told us...

"I didn't let any missionaries into my house, especially the gringos because when I served my mission they were terrible to me.  You guys are the first missionaries that I have happily invited into my house."

I remember something that my brother (shout to Caleb) reminded me in a letter when I was serving my mission in La Rioja..."Love is the first commandment."  I'm just learning to really love people, I still got a long way to go, but at least God is lighting the way.

I got to go with my companion to eat dinner with some close family friends "The Powelsons!"  They are serving as humanitarian missionaries for all of the Southern part of South America.  I got permission from my mission prez and it was sooo much fun!!! :)
My english is terrible, but at least my spanish is sufficient (that's what's most important, right?)

Another blessing is that Saturday morning my companion and I got up super early to go to a special conference to meet our church Apostle Elder Todd D. Christofferson!  In preparing for the meeting, I came with a question...

"Is this man really called by Christ directly to be His Apostle?"

Well, he walked into the room and a peace came in and over me.  I went up to him, shook his hand as he looked at my name tag and then looked into my eyes saying "Hola Elder Pomar."  The spirit filled my heart and testified to me in that moment that he is an apostle of Christ, directly called by him..."By their fruits ye shall know them" (Matthew 7:20).

When Elder Christofferson spoke, it was simple but powerful.  He was so humble and loving in the way that he spoke.  He knows the scriptures so well.  In preparation, I studied it out in my mind and upon meeting him, I know that I received my answer.  I'm so happy that I have a pure testimony that we have a living prophet and apostles that lead and guide us today.  I love the primary hymn that says..."Follow the prophet he knows the way."

In closing, I want you all to know that I know this is the only true church of God and our Savior Jesus Christ.  I have prayed and God told me it's true.  I have a simple testimony of this truth and invite you all to ask God for yourselves and He will manifest the truth of it unto you.

Love,
Elder Pomar

Ps. Lots of pics this week...hope you enjoy :)