Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Part member families <3

It has been such a huge blessing. 

So my trainer Elder Summers served here in my area Ituzaingo about a year and a half ago and he baptized a ton of people (shout out) and he also planted many seed within these families.  Sister Saavedra: her daughter was baptized, but she never wanted to change religion due to the "Catholic Tradition" of her family.  She came to church, (first time since her daughter's baptism a year and a half ago and cried the entire testimony meeting).  We have an appointment with her this week!

Another miracle is the Britos family. They have a ton of land with cows, horses, pigs, you name it! So almost the entire family was baptized and the family is gigantic.  However, with time, they started becoming less active little by little as NO ONE from the ward visited them.  The father, Nelson, lost the fire to keep going.  We visited he and his family a lot as part of a reactivation project, not knowing that the youngest son still hadn't been baptized, neither the uncle Adolfo.  Adolfo got extremely sick due to internal bleeding.  He lost so much blood that he almost died.  I call the sister missionaries that serve in the area of the hospital where Adolfo is to bring someone with them to give him priesthood blessing.  They went, he received the blessing and guess what?  THE SAME DAY HE RETURNED HOME!  Brothers and Sisters, a miracle occurred through the restored priesthood power.  He was supposed to be there for another WEEK!  Adolfo was never baptized because he couldn't stop smoking.  Thanks to the sickness, he stopped.  He has the desire to be baptized and we have put the baptismal date in a few weeks.  So, Nelson's son Kevin will be baptized along with his Uncle Adolfo.

On Sunday, we were waiting at the church doors for our investigators to arrive....waiting.....waiting......we went into the sacrament meeting with our heads down, but right after the sacrament the entire Britos family comes in.  I literally have never been so happy in my whole life!
The sad thing is that my companion and I are the only two people that are helping reactivate in this ward.  The members complain that they don't have home teachers to come visit them, but they won't go out either!  Just saying: the ward loves us now! 

What a time to be alive here in ituzaingo!

I'll finish with this.  There has been a less active family with a daughter that has never been baptized, because the father hasn't been worthy to perform her baptism.  After seeing Mia's baptism last week, she got super excited and asked her dad if her Bishop could baptize her and he said yes!  The father said "this isn't my daughter, this is Heavenly Father's daughter.  If she doesn't get baptized due to my unworthiness, her sins will fall on my head.  Baptize her this next Sunday"  So, this Sunday we have the baptism planned.

BTW, Maria Lesme, who I baptized in my last area La rioja, sent me the wonderful news that her mom just got baptized!  When we talked with her while I was there, she didn't want ANYTHING to do with the church.  Miracles happen though because God worked in her heart and she was humbled and knew this was the correct path.  What a blessing!
 
I know I am following the path of the Savior. I know that this church is true with all of my heart and that it is really the church of Jesus Christ.  I have studied it out in my mind and all of the doubts I once had are all gone because I prayed and asked God.  God, in his infinite love, has answered my prayers.  It's all true and it brings so much peace into my life!

I love you all!  Be safe!
 
Oh, and one last thing, this Saturday we have Elder D Todd Christofferson from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles visiting our mission!!! :) 

Love,
Elder Pomar :)​