Argentina Cordoba Temple

Argentina Cordoba Temple

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Hey Fam and Friends!

So we had the baptismal interview and María didn't pass due to Q #4 (missionaries will know).  I was super heated because I just felt like that all hope was lost.  She didn't want to get interviewed by my Mission President regarding her situation. So, I just prayed that a miracle could happen.  The Hermana's (Sister Missionaries) passed by and asked her again to see if things had changed for her and she said no!  They told her "open up the Book of Mormon, read the first chapter you see and you'll have your answer.  Maria opened up to 3 Nephi chapter 11 which talks about BAPTISM and COMING UNTO CHRIST LIKE A LITTLE CHILD.   Yep, she's got an interview with Prez this Thursday!!!  Praying that he feels her sincerity and true desire to be baptized.  She's had MULTIPLE dreams about her need to be baptized. We'll see!

Here in our area of Antártida its been a little dry without missionary opportunities, but we're getting ready for the harvest!  We continue to work with part member families and we're going to put a whole bunch of baptismal dates with our investigators.  God has never let me down as we have always had someone to teach and someone to listen to us.  I'd just like to find someone who ACTS and stops giving us "chamuyo" (lip-service) haha.

It's been really nice to feel the peace of the spirit in my life even when the people can be really dumb sometimes, whether it's people flipping us off or slamming doors in our faces.  I just don't understand why some people hate us so much when our service is FREE and only meant to HELP!  It's incredible how it was the same exact with Jesus Christ. Rejected and killed by his own.

The nice thing at least is that I understand almost everything of the language.  I speak really well and everyone thinks I'm from Paraguay or Mexico haha.

Count your many blessings...

P-day was fun playing volleyball today. I killed everyone as I'm the only one here with experience with the sport but you can say I went easy on them ;)

I know this church is true with all my heart.  I love reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible together as they strengthen my testimony so much.

"Que esten bien mis queridos. Besos!"

Con amor,
Elder Pomar

Ps. I found a wild dinosaur in Argentina 😉